The Dodge Journey is an affordable SUV that can seat up to seven people in three rows. Offered with standard front-wheel drive or available all-wheel drive, the Journey is powered by either a standard 173-horsepower, 2.4-liter four-cylinder engine paired with a four-speed automatic transmission or a 283-hp, 3.6-liter V-6 with a six-speed automatic. The Journey comes in four different models:
- SE Value Package (MSRP $23,245) – The value package is the most inexpensive level of the Dodge Journey, but still provides the core strong points of the model. It has 19 mpg in the city, and 25 mpg on the highway. It has a 2.4-Liter I4 DOHC 16-Valve Dual VVT Engine, and a 4-speed automatic transmission. The value package only comes in AWD, and it features a 4.3-inch touch screen display.
- SE (MSRP $23,895) – The SE model has all the same features as the value package, but there are more optional add-ons, such as a 3.6-Liter V6 24-Valve VVT Engine, 6-speed automatic transmission, AWD, and a 8.4-inch touch screen display.
- Crossroad (MSRP $28,345) – The Crossroad has similar features, but it comes stock with the 8.4-inch touch screen display, and a different design to the exterior, such as, Black Fascia Applique, Black Mold-In-Color Sill with Platinum Chrome, Body-Color Fascia with Platinum Chrome, Crossroad Badging, Gloss Black Grille, and Platinum Chrome Side Roof Rails. You can also purchase this vehicle in AWD.
- GT (MSRP $33,645) – The GT is the model with the most features. The GT comes with a 3.6-Liter V6 24-Valve VVT Engine, 6-Speed Automatic Transmission, Engine Oil Cooler, High- Performance Suspension, Heated Front Seats, Leather-Trimmed Seats with Perforated Panels, 115-Volt Auxiliary Power Outlet, 368-Watt Amplifier,6-Premium speakers with subwoofer, and an 8.4-inch touch screen display. Can be purchased in AWD.
The next SUV with third row seating from Dodge is the Dodge Durango. The Durango may cost more than the Journey, but it boasts extra features and more power. The Durango is America’s fastest, and most capable three row SUV. With SRT Drive Modes, you can unlock a more ferocious vehicle that pushes out up to 475 horsepower and an available towing capacity of up to 8,700 pounds. There are three models of the Durango that have third row seating:
- GT (MSRP $34,895) – The GT has a 3.6-Liter V6 engine, with 295 horsepower and an 8-speed automatic transmission. It has 18 mpg in the city and 25 mpg on the highway. The GT model comes in RWD, with the option to get it in AWD.
- GT Plus (MSRP $39,245) – The GT Plus has all the features that the GT has, but it adds some welcome additions. The Plus includes leather-trimmed seats with suede inserts, power eight-way driver and six-way passenger seats, both with power four-way lumbar adjustment, front and second row heated seats, heated steering wheel, 115-volt auxiliary power outlet, and a universal garage door opener. You can also get the GT Plus in AWD.
- R/T (MSRP $44,295) – The R/T has a 5.7-Liter V8 engine, with 360 horsepower and an 8-speed automatic transmission. It has 14 mpg in the city and 22 mpg on the highway. The R/T has sport suspension (lowered 20 mm), performance steering, and 3.09 rear axle ratio. The R/T is the sporty version of the GT Durango. Can also be purchased in AWD
Both the Journey and the Durango are great three row seating SUVS, and both with high-tech features and creature comforts making them a pleasure to own. If you have any questions or would like to test drive a Durango or the Journey we invite you to contact us and a member of our team will be happy to help!